Friday, 22 April 2016

Beating the Brain Crowd...


I think about being a mum a lot. A lot. Does anyone else do that? I think about it in relation to everything. I'm going out tonight... And I'm A MUM what does it mean that I'm A MUM and going out? I'm going to go out to work... And I'm A MUM, what does it mean that I'm A MUM and going to work? I'm sat here in my pyjamas at 11:00am... And I'm A MUM, what does it mean that I'm A MUM and I'm in my pjs at 11:00am? I'm going to work out... And I'm A MUM, what does it mean that I'm A MUM and I'm going to work out? 

My clothes, my grey hair, my friends, my social media addiction... All of it. Mostly it's a little wondering thought and sometimes is a full blown "WHAT DOES THIS MEEEAAANNNN?!" It's that extra layer that at the same time gives everything that bit more purpose and drives me more than anything to be and do better whilst making my head an altogether much more crowded place to be than it was 4 years ago. 

And that's fine because I think being a mum is basically all about learning the skill of living with a full head. But it only takes a couple of little things to tip the balance though right? This week the little things were a couple of disappointing work dilemmas and a round of sore throats and coughs for me and the littles. So even if my head's full it's all about finding some space that'll the fresh air through the brain crowd... Big deep breaths, no work worth doing is easy and coughs don't last forever. 



So here's us finding that fresh air... And how was your week? TFI Friday right?!







If you would like to know more about my portraiture work in and around Essex, Suffolk and London visit my website




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...