Thursday, 7 January 2016

Slow, Long January & Farlie Frames #13

You know it was just lovely to spend time as a family over Christmas. Truth be told the big day itself wasn't as merry as you'd hope. I had a sick bug, Bow had a temperature, Euna was overstimulated and overemotional by midday and Steve was overworked on the constant clear-up front with no back-up from me. But it meant we slowed down. It meant we took our time. It meant it was the first Christmas in years that I didn't feel like collapsing from exhaustion by 6:00pm. It meant I sat down a lot and watched and took it in.

And that kind of set the tone for the rest of the period. We took our time. We took trips out. We pottered. We just spent time together and the whole time we did we kept talking about what a novelty it was and how we need to do this more. 

I keep asking people "how was your Christmas?" and all I hear is "oh it was just nice to spend time together you know?!" I do know. Life is short and fast but it always feels little less short and a lot less fast in January right? Which after the December the month of chaos, feels just perfect. Silver linings to month of poverty, cold and steamed veg...


Here's us spending some time down at Walton Pier... Don't forget your seaside towns in the winter guys, in some ways they're even lovelier in August...



If you would like to find out more about my photography services see my website!




***********************************



FARLIE FRAMES #13


LET'S SEE YOUR SNAPS! We're opening the New Year of linkys with lucky #13! So what have you been snapping? Show me your fav photos from the week! 

Thank you so much to the linkers from last time! Such great shots from everyone! 

To take part please copy and paste the code below to add the link up button to your post, then add  your photography post below. Your post can be any genre of photography and you an be any level of photographer... From keen hobbyist to enthused pblogger to working pro! Link up and show us what you've been snapping this week! :D 






9 comments:

  1. These photos look like a real breath of fresh air. Happy new year, Farlie! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! So nice to just have Steve off! Happy New Year to you! :D xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow! These are some amazing shots! I love the ones of your family at the end of the pier. You could use these for next years Christmas cards. Glad you're feeling better. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year! ~Lowanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I think I'm going to do that! :D Happy New Year! x

      Delete
  3. Such lovely photos. I've never been to the seaside in winter, but it does always look lovely when I see other people's photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you should! Happy New Year Sarah! x

      Delete
  4. A slow Christmas sounds like heaven (although sorry to hear about the sick bug). Fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo's, the beach looks stunning. And you're right we shouldn't neglect our beaches during the winter, I'm going to make a point of visiting one I think with my children soon! We're in London so not one on our doorstep unfortunately! Happy new year! Popping over from #loudnproud

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures. Thank you for linking up #mummyandme x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...