Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Photographer's Fantasy Christmas List

Happy Advent all! Feeling festive yet?

I have one exciting thing on my Christmas list, a secondhand Canon EOS 3 off eBay (cue Film Fridays on the blog from January... Prepare to be underwhelmed... This WILL be a learning curve) which I am very excited about. However aside from this my Christmas list is unthinkably dull, such as thick socks, bath bombs, running socks (yes 2 varieties of socks) and a couple of books. All things I'll be genuinely chuffed to receive but this isn't really the stuff of blog posts... I'm no Kelle Hampton with quirky, pretty, retro toys or Beauty Junkie Jen with lists of luxurious beauty products. 

So let's think outside the box. Seeing as I've finally caught up with the rest of the female population and seen Fifty Shades of Grey (a review in 3 words you cry? Ok: Garbage. Garbage. Garbage.) let's imagine I've landed myself my own millionaire Mr Grey and he wants to impress me for Christmas... What's on my ultimate fantasy Christmas list?

Well this is fun...

1. Canon EOS 1D X - What else?!

2. Canon EOS 5DSR - I knooowww I've just got a 1D but wouldn't it make a lovely back-up/run around? Plus I'm a millionaire now, we'll call this a stocking filler!

3. 85mm 1.2 - I have a prime, a good one and it was between this and that, so this is the prime that never was... *Sigh* no more! I'm a millionaire! You could probably squeeze this behind one of the doors in my giant solid gold advent calendar thanks very much Mr Grey!

4. 15" MacBook Pro top of the range. Speedy-editing-AHOY! Seriously... With the WEEKS a year this would save me (NOT waiting for my current MacBook to JUST UNFREEEEEEZE!) I would literally learn a language, practice meditation and read the daily newspaper (or go on Facebook). 

5. Contax 645 - THE best film camera money can buy. If I'm going to poor at something, I may as well be poor at it on the very best right?

6. Gabriela Koopman camera straps - all of them.

7. XXL Octobox - and some who can tell me how to use it. I'm certain Sue Bryce could be bought for a 121 workshop... Obviously her and Mr Grey are mates.




What's on your Mr-Grey's-picking-up-the-bill-Christmas-list?!



10 comments:

  1. I really need new laptop! Thats like a must! I love your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Honestly I could throw this heap at the wall sometimes! :P

      Delete
  2. There was a day I used to have a list like this. I looked thru some old pictures today and realised I was actually pretty good at photography... Sod knows what happened! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah get back involved! I'd love to see some shots! Get some published and link up to Farlie Frames! :D

      Delete
  3. I love your list. I need a tripod and some lenses too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tripod's a good one, want to use mine to do some long exposure xmas lights shots this xmas! :)

      Delete
  4. Think this may be my husband's fantasy list!! Love it. I would like the Mac mainly. Ah to have a tonne of dosh. Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst and see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Oh we all need a Mac, I was drooling in the iStore the other day... *sigh* ;)

      Delete
  5. I love your list! Would love to have you along for our linky City Country Life this week's topic is Christmas Shopping! I want a Canon EOS too and hoping to get one for Crimbo so I can take my blog to another level, would be a steep learning curve from the iPhone though! Lizzie #bestandworst xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah good luck! Let me know if have any questions! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...