Thursday, 3 December 2015

It's a Phase! Promise! & Farlie Frames #10

You know what's hard about being a parent? Everything. (Lol!) But seriously, everything is at least a little bit hard because you care about all of it. Every part is important to you because you can always find a reason why the failure of anything could potentially turn your child in to a serial killer, or worse... A teenager that hates you. That teamed with the fact that you have very little time to step back, take a breath and think things through. So when I have a week like this one: riddled with cold, having lost patience with Bow's incessant pinching, biting and hitting and Euna's general "threenager" behaviour, work frustrations and a running injury that's had me limping for about 3 weeks now... Grumble-grumble-first-world-problems-grumble.

And you know I realise almost everyone says at least one of the same truths when you say you're having a reasonably rubbishy week. I stress truth and even though Mums get told these things all the time let's take a minute to remember how seriously true one of them is...

"It's a phase" I hear and I silently say to myself "A PHASE?! It's been forever!" Its hasn't. I'm dramatic. It really is a phase and therefore temporary, so it will pass.

Soldier on Mummies! It really is a phase! What phases are driving you bananas?

I tell you one phase I hope never ends... Euna's eagerness to "do letters". She's got the learning bug big time and we're totally running with it! Eye-spy in the car, 24-7 books and her now favourite bedtime ritual is to practice some writing on her magnetic board before bed. It's also a little ritual I've been exempt from and, seeing as I am home a lot, I really love to see that...






Linking up with Mommy Monday Blog Hop, Keep Calm and Carry On Linking, Best and Worst and Joy Chaser.


***********************************



FARLIE FRAMES #10



10 weeks! Double fingers! LET'S SEE YOUR SNAPS! What have you been snapping? Show me your fav photos from the week! 

Thank you so much to the linkers from last week! Such great shots from Hannah Hall Photography, Sunshine and Elephants, Life As We See It and Joy's Jots, Shots and Wotnots! We're growing slowly but surely so please remember to retweet, share and spread the word!

To take part please copy and paste the code below to add the link up button to your post, then add  your photography post below. Your post can be any genre of photography and you an be any level of photographer... From keen hobbyist to enthused pblogger to working pro! Link up and show us what you've been snapping this week! :D 






9 comments:

  1. I love that you captured those moments. When she becomes a teenager, you can remind her of the special times she shared with her dad. Such sweet pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect snapshots of a moment in time and just stunning shots of her and Daddy as she writes her letters. you're so right about phases too - my Mother has a phrase "this too will pass" that I think sums it up nicely! I try to remember that when times get tricky :) Thanks for linking up at #sharethejoy this week (commenting from The Essex Barn as blogger doesn't seem to let me do it as The Joy Chaser!) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photographs are incredible. And what a lovely 'phase' she is going through wanting to learn about everything and anything. I do love her hair by the way! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always telling myself things are phases! Question is how long is a phase?!! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is always a phase happening in this household, I swear it's my excuse for everything haha. Great post and hopefully these phases will pass....hopefully! Thanks for linking up #bestandworst x

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's always a phase of some sort happening. Some of them are better than others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos Charlie! I feel your pain on the 'phase' thing. Bella's current phase is not eating very well. It's all or nothing, literally! She eats everything given to her at nursery though. Very frustrating!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos, and isn't it nice how she's so eager to learn, hopefully that phase doesn't go :) Thanks for linking with #kcacols and hope you can link again this week wi @withfranca #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are always stunning!! Very beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this at #KCACOLS. I also wanted to mention that there are some rules to follow (comment the post before you) so I wanted to kindly ask you if you could read the information I put in the linky post so you can understand a little bit more how this linky works? Thank you in advance! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...