Thursday, 19 November 2015

Bow's 2! & Farlie Frames #8

My baby boy is 2 years old. That's 730 days of laughs, love, memories and teaching this first time mum-of-a-boy all about the joys of a teenie little dude person. Whenever my kids hit some kind of milestone (so especially birthdays) my brain turns in to that nifty still-frame-annimation app Flipagram and my mind sifts through every memory it can find of them on fast forward. Like I want to check I remember enough of it or have made the most of it somehow? Not that parenting ever seems to have a ceiling of satisfaction that you could hit and say "yep, nailed parenting that kid!" because parenting instincts being what they are we always find areas we worry we didn't do enough in.

So in an effort to give myself something less to worry about remembering here's my top 10 of things I want in my Bow-Bow memory slideshow of what he was like when he was 2...

1) He loves drawing. With any medium. Pens, chalk, crayons, magnetic drawing board, Aquadoodle... You name it! Although obviously what he loves best are "grown-up biros".

2) He's just learnt to say "willy". Just... Hilarious...

3) He loves keys. Lost keys? Ask Bow... Or cut out the middle man and just check his kitchen.

4) He LOVES Rich Tea biscuits. I sure he sees that blue packet of joy with a warm fuzzy dream-like halo Wayne's World style.

5) And he LOOOOOOOVES milk. It's just not worth greeting him in the morning or post-nap without it. Save your ears, get the milk. 

6) His heroes are Timmy (the sheep from Timmy Time) and Makka Pakka. Squeals doing the Makka Pakka dance. 

7) Not fussed on cake or anything c too sweet.

8) Gets really excited stroking animals. Especially the goats at the local farm shop. 

9) He has to say "bub-bye" to everyone and everything 65 million times. It makes Sainsburys deliveries a little bit awkward actually...

And I'll wanna kept hold of this one... There's a kiss starved mother of a door-slamming teenager in my future no doubt...

10) I can get a kiss whenever I want. The kids is a one-man-smooch-machine and all I have to do to get him to pucker up is ask "kissy?" and he will stop whatever he's doing and charge at me lips pursed first. 

But for now with my head a little more in the present... Here's Bow's big day in pictures...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BOY! xxx

If you would like information on my work with Farlie Photography please see my website and/or contact me at info@farliephotography.co.uk.

Linking up with The Best and Worst Linky, Keep Calm And Carry On Linking Sunday, Sunday Stars Linky, Truly Madly Kids, How To Sunday Linky, Country Kids & My Sunday Photo.

***********************************

FARLIE FRAMES #8

Well that's enough about me! What about you? What have you been snapping? 

Thank you so much to the linkers from last week! Such great shots from Hannah Hall Photography, Sunshine and Elephants and Joy's Jots, Shots and Wotnots! We're growing slowly but surely so please remember to retweet, share and spread the word!

To take part please copy and paste the code below to add the link up button to your post, then add  your photography post below. Your post can be any genre of photography and you an be any level of photographer... From keen hobbyist to enthused pblogger to working pro! Link up and show us what you've been snapping this week! :D 






30 comments:

  1. These are some great shots of your little ones special day. Just think of how you can share this with him when he gets older. :) ~Lowanda of Sunshine and Elephants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just got done with his baby albums and it's so great to have it all captured! Thanks for linking up! :D

      Delete
  2. enJOYed reading about your Little Kisser. I can see you are treasuring every moment. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! He'll kiss anyone anytime! Little poppet! Thanks for linking up, I'd kill to shop for props a that stall! Amazing! :D

      Delete
  3. What beautiful photos!!! #bestandworst xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for dropping by, would love to see you link up a pic or two! :D

      Delete
  4. Looks likes typically fabulis Alexander do! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By "fabulous" do you mean booze fuelled... It may have been ;) x

      Delete
  5. Such lovely captures of your little one!

    #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Veronica and thank you so much for dropping by, I'd love to see you link up too! :D

      Delete
  6. A beautiful collection of photos, that cake looks very yummy

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting, I just love your blog! :D

      Delete
  7. Aw, it looks like it was a great day! :) #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Thanks for dropping by Jessica! :D

      Delete
  8. Oh bless he looks so happy!! What a brilliant day! My girlie is still the same with milk - just loves it and any biscuit will do :-) Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst and pop back!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! He is a milk monster! Strong teeth I guess ;) x

      Delete
  9. What a great collection of beautiful memories! Such an amazing talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet! Thank you so much! :D xxx

      Delete
  10. Great list of achievements and lovely collage of photos! My little girl is also 2 and they're just the right age, they're cuddly, cute, funny and adorable. Thanks for sharing! #HowtoSunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great age isn't it! Thanks for dropping by! x

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday Bow, it looks like your day was amazing! There's some great memories there to look back on in years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! Thanks for dropping by! Love to see you link up too! :D x

      Delete
    2. Oops, found you on My Sunday Photo before I did on Country Kids, thanks for linking up with me there. Bow really does look like he's had a great time!

      Delete
  12. Those pictures are so amazing. You've captured a lot of special memories. I especially love that you can get kisses whenever you want - make sure you get plenty of them whilst you can! Wishing you many more happy memories #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful and heartwarming post with gorgeous pictures. Xx#KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful and heartwarming post with gorgeous pictures. Xx#KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful post, Bow is adorable and a big happy birthday to him! I have a kissing machine too, he'll be 2 in January, but so sweet that he'll give lots of kisses! My eldest never gave lots of kisses like that, so making the most of it! Love all the cakes too.
    Thanks so much for linking up to #howtoSunday

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this post so much - and the fact that your son loves to say "willy"! This will be one of those posts that you look back on so fondly in the years to come and recall this point in his life. Your photos are gorgeous too.
    Thanks for linking up to #SundayStars

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful pictures! I love the ones with you looking down on him - fantastic perspective! Thank you for linking to Image of the Week too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list and lovely photos! Thanks for sharing this at #KCACOLS. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...