Thursday, 12 November 2015

5 Things About Me You Can See In My Pictures... & Farlie Frames #7

5 things about me that you can see in my work...

1) My favourite colour is white. 

Call it my Essex girl upbringing! I love white. I wear a lot of white, I have 3 drawers of white tops. Almost every wall in my home and every home I've ever decorated is some shade of white. My bedsheets are white.  I love a lot of scandinavian monochrome design. My fantasy "Grand Designs" build would be one of those enormous white minimalist box houses. All my studio set ups centre around a very strong white theme and all my lifestyle/location work uses a lot of overexposure to bring as much white in to pictures as possible.


2) I like space. Dislike clutter. 

You'll see a lot of negative space in my pictures. I like how it focuses the subject and creates drama. I also like to live in space. We live very far from my husband's work to enjoy a larger home. We chose village life to see and feel space around us as much as possible. I never feel calmer than staring out to sea and I like to keep the house as decluttered as possible.


3) I love being outside.

Country girl. Brought up outside. In woods. With horses. Walking the dog. I walk whenever possible with the kids. I exercise just as much to be outside as to be fit. Hence soooo many woods pictures.


4) Always prefer simplicity over style and natural over intentional.

I wear minimal make-up, I think faces should look like faces. It's always my preference on clients too. I'm not high fashion but I do like natural textures in photos and my clothes. I like unposed. Gummy over-smiled smiles are the best.


5) Variety is the spice of life, I'll mostly have a go at anything. 

When this photography business got up and running and I wasn't necessarily that good at it (by my own standards of where I wanted to be with it) I took a big deep breathe and decided the only way I going to get where I was going was to be ok with being average or even bad at things. Because that's the only way you get good at stuff. If you won't let yourself try things and be a beginner you'll never get to be great at anything. Since I decided this I've got good at a few different things I never thought I would be. And so I say I allow myself to say yes a lot. Ergo... A blog with with photographs of everything from babies to flowers to landscapes to people to whatever else will be next.


So there you have it... A little share about me and how it goes in to my work!

If you would like information on my work with Farlie Photography please see my website and/or contact me at info@farliephotography.co.uk.

Linking up with Pick 'n' Mix Fridays & My Sunday Photo.

***********************************

FARLIE FRAMES #7!

Thank you so much to all the fab links that were added last week! Some great snaps! From decadent wedding styled sessions to coastal scenes to moody moon reflections to randy reindeers and back to the woods again! Wow!  

To take part please copy and paste the code below to add the link up button to your post, then add  your photography post below. Your post can be any genre of photography and you an be any level of photographer... From keen hobbyist to enthused pblogger to working pro! Link up and show us what you've been snapping this week! :D 




7 comments:

  1. Perfect round up. I love white, but my house would hate it and soon look grubby. Beautiful as ever, Mrs A!

    Negative space ahoy. Firm fave here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning pictures! I especially like the silouette of the tree climber with the sun through the background!! (underneath point number 3) really beautiful! Thanks for sharing! #PicknMix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful set of photos, love them

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really do take some beautiful photos, now you point all of these things out I can see how they fit with all your photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! I hate clutter and yet it seems to appear in our house without being invited - I need more hours in the day! Thanks for linking up to #Picknmix
    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! I hate clutter and yet it seems to appear in our house without being invited - I need more hours in the day! Thanks for linking up to #Picknmix
    Stevie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these photos especially the newborn ones. I really wish I had got some done of Ava. Thanks for linking to #PickNMix

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...