Friday, 19 June 2015

Farlie Florals Week 8... Roses on Parcel Paper

There's nothing like a deadline to focus the mind (and camera) and the thing I've learnt recently about being self-employed is that there's no one to make modular deadlines for you... So I find myself with my upcoming exhibition event and a list as long as my arm with things to do but pretty buzzed by the whole thing! Especially about getting these images down so I'm excited to experiment more and more with these florals ready for the final selection and print to wood. 

Here's a little reminder about the last few weeks of florals:

Lilies... Week 1

Blossom... Week 2

Butterflies... Week 3

More blossom... Week 4

Dandelion Fuzz... Week 5

Stocks... Week 6

Tulips... Week 7 

Now I'm starting to think more about the printing medium and how I won't be printing the white, so anything white on the image will essentially be negative space and where you really see the wood grain. With that in mind I wanted to extend the paper idea from last week and worked in some white stamping so there will be a play with negative space in the background. I also chose some bright roses for a real pop. I'm really pleased with these and almost certain they will feature in the exhibition evening!

Roses on parcel paper... :)























If you would like more information on any of my photography services in and around Essex please see my website!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I really like these, especially the color!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...