Monday, 8 June 2015

Farlie Florals Week 7... Tulips on Newspaper

Here we go again! My little flower project continues and here I am trying something a bit different after finding pages of this May 14th, 1970 edition of The Times in an old suitcase I bought for toddler shoots. Using my zoom (24-70mm, 2.8) because I wanted to get wide over the top of them. I used some hazing to dull the newspaper detail and some colour vibrancy and sharpening brushes to make the flowers pop. I'm really pleased with them and especially excited to see what would happen to if this was printed without the white to wood... Which leads me to an exciting announcement...

I'M TAKING MY FLORALS TO PRINT AND AN EXHIBITION!!! WAHEYYY!

I'll be selecting my favourite images from across the series and working with my wood canvas provider to create what I hope will be a really special line of unique wall arts! So if you have an particular favourites or ideas for which to print why not comment and let me know?!

Lilies... Week 1

Blossom... Week 2

Butterflies... Week 3

More blossom... Week 4

Dandelion Fuzz... Week 5

Stocks (the mystery was solved!)... Week 6

And here we go with this week's florals... As usual if you have any florals to share why not use #farlieflorals to show me! 















Sharing with Little Things ThursdayOutdoor Wednesday, Friday Finds, Inspire Me Monday and Macro Monday Mixer.

If you would like more information on any of my photography services in and around Essex please see my website!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful! I love these, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever way to photograph the flowers. I think the monochromes are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creative choice for displaying and photographing these tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I never would have thought to use newspaper as a background, but this inspires me to try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...