Thursday, 26 February 2015

Old Photos...

We lost my Grandma the week before last. She was old, she was so loved and she was very well cared for. She was with those that loved her at the time. It's sad but it was so beautifully as any of us would want it to be.  We went to North Devon for the funeral. We breathed chilly February sea air and I looked around at the service at all her children and her children's children and her children's children's children and thought about how big a life can be. 

Back at the hotel and the wake my lovely cousin Claire and her children had pooled everyone's photos together and made this huge beautiful collage. A million memories, a million stories... Pointing, laughing, gasping and a hundred "look at my HAIR!"s were thrown around. At really old pictures we adored the retro shoes and puffy shoulders and at quite old photos we scoffed at the retro sofas and puffy hair. I learnt more about my Grandma than, I think, I ever have!

We drive home and I think about how that photo collage was the absolute talking point and I think about how much I love photographs. How we enrich our memories and experiences of the past with them. They're important. Say what you like about the selfie but imagine a time when we can so vividly experience a person's life through their phone gallery!

“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”  ― Karl Lagerfeld








































2 comments:

  1. Amazing Photography. These are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous shots ... wow; so picturesque! It sometimes take the death of a loved one to help us the importance of memories that little bit more. What memory capture our photographys are, of important moments gone by. Thanks for sharing. #PointShoot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...