Monday, 24 November 2014

Reasons It's Brilliant Taking Photographs in the Autumn... #4

I know I know... I'm still writing about Autumn and clearly winter has crept up on us! But bear with me a couple more days as there's still more! 

Little run down of this mini series so far...




And now #4 Halloween & Guy Fawkes!

So I grouped them together because the reasons I love them apply to both... I love both these events because in the UK we approach them the way every holiday should be approached but rarely is... We expect very little and so enjoy the crap out of it. Buy a supermarket costume for pennies the day after Halloween and run around the drive in it because everyone was too poorly to go out on actual Halloween? Brilliant! Never has a £3 spider been so excited! Home spun garden fireworks display for a certain wee guy's first birthday that lasted all of 8 minutes? AMAZING! I don't think I've ever loved watching fireworks more than these in the eyes of my babies! 

I love both these holidays and I love to photograph them. I love Halloween pictures because I don't think my 2 year old has ever animated herself in front of the camera so much as in that £3 spider costume. I love the homemade fun clues in Halloween pictures. My Facebook feed is covered in pictures of school shoes covered in masking tape, smudged eye-liner whiskers and bin bag capes. Like Euna's pink socks and the antennas that will never ever EVER stand up the same time as each other! It's honest. It's charming. It's a nice alternative to coordinated vest, hat and blanket combos that wonder in for newborn shoots... 

And Guy Fawkes? Tell a photographer who doesn't like FIREWORKS?! Orange glow, neon bokeh, shadowed faces with saucer eyes turned to bonfires, sparklers, smoke, furry noise, high contrast, knitteds... How could you not want a feast of photos on all that?!

So here's our Halloween & Guy Fawkes circa 2014... I can safely say I was enjoying far to much to really frame a single shot or take more than a millisecond glance at the light meter... 















And because as of last year we made early November birthday season...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...